Biomass resources evaluation and studies for its explotation. Studies of conversion technologies. Development of carbon materials from agricultural waste.
Biomass characterization includes the following analysis:
- Moisture, according to EN ISO 18134-3:2015
- Content of volatile matter, according to EN ISO 18123:2015
- Ash content, according to EN ISO 18122:2015
- Carbon, according to EN ISO 16948:2015
- Hydrogen, according to EN ISO 16948:2015
- Nitrogen, according to EN ISO 16948:2015
S and Cl analysis
- Sulfur, according to EN ISO 16994:2015
- Chlorine, according to EN ISO 16994:2015
Determination of the calorific value
- Higher calorific value (HCV), according to EN 14918:2009
- Lower heating value (LHV) (calculated)
- As, Cd, Cr, Cu, Hg, Ni, Pb and Zn, according to EN ISO 16968:2015
- Al, Ca, Fe, Mg, P, K, Si, Na and Ti, according to EN ISO 16967:2015
Pellets analysis and classification
- Total moisture, according to EN ISO 18134-1:2015
- Bulk density, according to EN 15103:2009
- Determination of mechanical durability of pellets and briquettes, according to EN 15210-1:2009
- Size: length and diameter, according to EN ISO 17829:2015
- Particle size distribution of disintegrated pellets, according to EN 16126:2012
- ENplus® quality certification, according to European standards EN ISO 17225-2:2014
Analysis of ash deriving from biomass
- Ash inorganic composition (major elements), according to EN ISO 16967:2015
- Characteristic temperatures for the ash melting in oxidant atmosphere, according to CEN/TS 15370-1
- Water-soluble alkali components contents (Na+K), according to EN
- Particle size distribution, according to EN 15149-1:2010
Other analysis services
- Thermo-gravimetry analysis – differential thermal analysis (TGA and DTA). Decomposition profiles in oxidant and inert atmosphere.
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC). Determination of calorimetric flow dependent on temperature.
- Chromatographic analysis of decomposition gases. Determination of H2, O2, N2, CO, CO2, CH4, C2H4, C2H6, C3H8.
- Kinetic studies. Determination of kinetic parameters in thermal decomposition of organic matter.
- Complete study and analysis of the life-cycle on materials, devices and products.