The protection of communication systems, devices or equipment, whose performance could be altered by interferences or disturbance, may cause both a risk to the facilities and people safety in case of the equipment failure, and a serious technical and commercial problem for the manufacturer.
- Measurement of harmonic currents emissions almost stationary.
- Measurement of voltage fluctuations and changes and flicker.
- Measurement of radio electrical disturbances.
- Measurement of electromagnetic fields:
- Low frequency (50 Hz)
- High frequency (9 kHz – 30 GHz)
- Fast transients and bursts.
- Overvoltages: 1,2/50 µs, 8/20 µs, 10/700 µs.
- Conducted disturbances induced by radio-frequency fields.
- Power frequency magnetic fields.
- Electrostatic discharge.
- Voltage dips and short interruptions.
- Damped oscillatory wave.
It should be noted the specific testing for the automotive sector, communications and directives of environmental protection and physical risks sector.
The electromagnetic compatibility laboratory boasts the ENAC accreditation according to Directive 89/366/EEC, number 237/LE554, that ensure the suitability of the Institute for testing measuring the interferences of the equipments to the power supply grid.