R+D+I activity is one of the main bases of ITE. R+D+I lines point at the creation of services and the execution of strategic projects, based on technology innovation both at national and European level.
The institute works on different areas:
- Energy Storage and New Materials.
- Capital Goods for Low and Medium Voltage Electrical Infrastructures.
- High Energy Electrical Arc.
- Smart Grids.
- Electric Mobility and Transport.
- Energy Intelligence and Social Perception.
Cooperation with companies
ITE collaborates with companies through the transfer of knowledge, by carrying out individual or collective projects relating to R+D+I lines on which ITE is an expert.
Solution of Innovative Projects in order to generate business in the Energy Sector
- Monitoring, control, and automation for energy efficiency improvement in the industrial and domestic sector.
- Integration of the electric vehicle in the electrical grid.
- Interoperability between the communication of Smart Grids elements.
- Energy demand response and management.
- Integration of energy storage in Smart Grids.
- New materials for storage.
- Electrical supply quality improvement.
- Shielding design and electromagnetic fields reduction.
- Tools for decision making on electrical energy distribution systems.